Ashley Furniture Homestore
Warehouse & Delivery Position $10/hour
APPLY IN PERSON or submit resume online! We have 2 positions to fill, and can start immediately!
$10 an hour with a 48 hour work week - overtime paid past 40 hours Same weekly schedule - no short weeks or less hours
9 AM to 6:00 PM Monday - Saturday - 1 hour lunch
Work with a great group of guys - be a part of a team
Paid vacation and 2 Paid Holidays
Who We Are
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is the #1 selling furniture brand in the world and the #1 retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States. American Furniture Group (AFG) is the premier licensee and operator of Ashley Furniture HomeStores in Central IL. At AFG, we pride ourselves on excellence and uphold the Ashley Furniture brand while maintaining a culture that emphasizes our core values and local communities. Our Purpose is to provide our guests with an exceptional shopping experience and help them live life's moments on our stylish, value based brand of home furnishings. We are a driven team that promotes from within, has fun and gets results!
The Delivery Driver delivers furniture, bedding, and accessories to our customers and stores. Customer service is key in this position because the delivery driver is measured based on the satisfaction surveys received from customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times, abiding by all safety regulations.
- Inspect, wrap and pad all furniture, bedding and accessories prior to loading on delivery truck.
- Makes sure all furniture is in showroom quality before loading.
- Sets up furniture on store floor and moves pieces as needed as directed by store merchandise manager.
- Brings sold product back from the store to the warehouse
- Will accommodate any customer's reasonable request including moving their existing furniture.
- Maintains a clean, operable and safe company vehicle at all times.
- Interacts with Delivery Support or Supervisor on any issues encountered during deliveries.
- Performs minor touch-up on any merchandise that is damaged during transportation to the customer's satisfaction.
- Responsible for maintaining tools, touch-up kits, and small commonly used parts.
- All other tasks and duties as assigned
What You Will Receive
The passion, excellence, and care our associates demonstrate serving customers are the cornerstone of our commitment to support them and add value to their lives. AFG's obligation to its associates is demonstrated through a wide array of employee benefits that we believe improve the quality of our associates' lives such as:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- FSA-Flexible savings account
- An opportunity to grow! We promote from within and provide a career path for everyone on our team
- Generous Furniture discount
- Paid Vacation
- Recognition for AFG Associates
- 2 Paid Holidays
What We Need From You
- 1 year of experience in a driver role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, professional appearance and a High School diploma
- Must have and maintain a valid IL Class C Driver's License, minimum liability automobile insurance required by state law, and a good driving record.
- Carpentry/Assembly skills required.
- Must have the ability to make basic furniture repairs.
- Must have attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to safely move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently
- Demonstrate a customer focus
Apply in person at
Ashley Furniture Homestore
3705 N. Water St. Decatur, IL 62526
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $15.00 /hour