Position Title: Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach Intern
Position Summary: This position will report to the Head Women's Volleyball Coach and Athletic Director. This internship is designed as a 10-month experience from August 1 through May 31. The appointment is for one year, with a possible one-year renewal.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
Primary Responsibilities - Intern Functions:
Under the guidance of the Head Volleyball Coach, the Intern will:
- Assist the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach with all aspects of the women’s volleyball program
- Gain professional collegiate experiences in game and practice coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, and all other aspect of running an intercollegiate volleyball program
- Assist in all areas of team development, including in-season and out-of-season activities as allowed by Millikin, CCIW, and NCAA.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Volleyball Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Volleyball Coach
Under the guidance of the Athletic Director, the Intern will:
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the structure and organization of the NCAA, specifically Division III.
- Have an opportunity to gain an understanding of the role of athletics in a relatively small comprehensive University.
- Have an opportunity to gain exposure to athletic operations and event management
- Perform duties in the area of event management.
Minimum Position Qualifications: