Arcosa Wind Towers is searching for a Welder in our Clinton, IL plant.
Our welders build wind towers that can be seen across the country. As a Welder at Arcosa, Inc, you’ll use jigs/holding fixtures to lay out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders and use manual/semi-automatic/automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate, and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials. The Welder also inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and performs minor maintenance to equipment.
Arcosa Wind Towers, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of structural wind towers in North America.
What you’ll do:
• Proficiently perform Oxy Fuel Burning and Carbon Arcing
• May lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies
• May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides, and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools
• May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications
• Observe all standard safety practices
• Maintain and complete all required records
• Follow all safety rules and practices
• May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience
• Ability to qualify as a horizontal welder
• Certification for horizontal groove welding