Mueller Company – Gas Products Division
Inside Sales Representative
Starting hourly rate: $16.82/hour
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an immediate opening in our Gas Products Division for an Inside Sales Representative (ISR). This position is located at Mueller's office in Decatur, Illinois and will report to the Inside Sales Supervisor.
This role is considered to be a blend of administrative assistant and customer service leading into an inside sales and technical support role. This person will work closely with Gas Sales Management and Regional Account Managers, as well as Mueller Co. Inside Sales team, to ensure a fantastic experience for Gas customers.
Duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Provide administrative/clerical support to Gas Inside Sales Manager, Product Manager, National Sales Manager, and inside sales team.
- Coordinate exhibit registration and arrangements for gas industry trade shows and in-house classes/meetings.
- Assist ISR’s with phone overflow calls for stock checks, expedites, cross-checking orders, packing slips, reprints of invoices.
- Manage Gasorders email account by pushing requests; printing purchase orders and routing within the department.
- Assist with submitting and pushing thru catalog and operating manual change requests and PE Lab requests.
- Common administrative support functions such as filing, managing various groups of product return paperwork, submitting online requests for product literature and promotional items.
- Participate in all Lunch & Learn sessions with the inside sales team.
- Carry out additional job responsibilities and duties as required.
- Two or more (2+) years of documented work experience with direct inside sales and/or customer service support in sales, marketing, and/or customer support.
- Computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team setting and gain trust and respect of various persons throughout Mueller’s various locations and customer base.
- Must be customer-oriented and have the ability to make quick decisions in a professional and confident manner.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- 4+ years of administrative and/or customer service/inside sales experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, engineering, communications, technology, or sales-related discipline
- Strong experience in mainframe programs that include inventory control – such as AS400/JD Edwards (JDE).
- Familiarity with database programs such as Act/Outlook.
- Experience with phone-based customer service support systems
- Technical/Mechanical background
Applicants not meeting the “Required Qualifications” above will not be considered for this position. Mueller encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Regular start time will be between 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. with an end time between 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. This position does have a 60-minute unpaid lunch. Overtime may be required on an intermittent basis. (This position is non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay.)
No relocation assistance will be offered for this position.
Individuals interested in this position should apply for this position through the website in which you are viewing this opportunity or apply directly at the Mueller Water Products’ career portal. (https://mwpcareers.silkroad.com/) All resumes will be collected through the Mueller Water Products’ Silk Road (Open Hire) online recruiting platform and held in confidence. Resumes mailed, faxed, or emailed will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact Mueller regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term and long-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, supplemental insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.