For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at . www.adm.com
Electrical/Instrumentation Technician – Decatur, IL
This is an hourly level position.
- Reports to the Decatur BioProducts Maintenance Superintendent
- Will utilize developed skills to implement the assigned activities of the predictive, preventative, or planned maintenance programs designed to support the power, motor control, process control systems, or pneumatic systems of the plant
- Trouble-shoot, diagnose, propose, and implement equipment repair activities that may or may not be included in the planned work
- Communicate job status through the use of a maintenance management software system, through verbal communications, or through other written communications
- Follow all plant safety and operating guidelines as well as all standards of electrical safety and maintenance practices
- Good communication skills, conveying information both professionally and concisely
- Actively champion and promote all safety related policies and programs to ensure colleague engagement and commitment to the benefits of working safe.
- Perform as a team member while supporting the planned, preventative, and/or predictive maintenance activities that support the electrical and process control systems of the plant
- Perform as a team member or independently to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and propose and implement electrical power and control equipment as well as process control component repair solutions
- Comprehend and implement standard electrical work practices and guidelines to include those outlined by such organizations as the National Fire Protection Agency (NEC) and the IEEE to insure a quality as well as a compliant product
- Utilize the functions of the maintenance management system to facilitate job plans and record maintenance activities on plant assets
- Communicate job status and support requirements with co-workers and management for effective use of time while completing the assigned maintenance tasks
- College level classes preferred
- Basic knowledge of AC/DC circuit theory
- Basic knowledge of process sensors/transmitters
- Basic knowledge of electrical safety devices (breakers, fuses, etc.)
- Work in confined spaces and work with heights
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
- Work in uncomfortable environments, such as hot or cold temperatures
- Ability to climb stairs and exposure to heights
- Moves/transports fifty five pounds
- Able to access all areas in the plant
- Sit or stand for long periods of time and bending, kneeling
- Able to be respirator qualified
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.