Corn Extraction Dept Supt (West Plant) - Decatur, IL
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Corn Extraction Department Superintendent (West Plant) – Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
The Decatur West Corn Germ Extraction Department Superintendent has overall responsibility for safe, compliant and cost effective production in the corn germ extraction plant.
- Support and engage in Performance Excellence activities in the facility
- Work closely with the plant leadership to accomplish plant specific goals and objectives
- Actively and effectively lead department Operators, Supervisors, and Engineers to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Support the management of policies and procedures that ensure compliance with health and safety, environmental, sanitation, quality policies, and procedures
- Direct maintenance activities in the area to maintain equipment and process reliability
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage capital and reliability projects within the area and other interacting systems
- Troubleshoot production problems, optimizing yields, productivity, and controlling costs
- Take an active role in managing the team and coaching employees to reach their fullest potential by providing feedback in a manner that is effective, consistent and fair
- Effectively collaborate with all departments within the plant and communicate daily opportunities/concerns with plant management and the commercial group
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience and a minimum 5 years of experience in a production facility
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong leadership abilities, team management experience, and proven history of effective interpersonal skills
- Technical competence in data analysis, mechanics, instrumentation, controls, and utility systems
- Ability to achieve and track excellence using performance-driven metrics
- Able to utilize independent judgment to solve problems, have excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple ongoing tasks, meet deadlines, and strive for continuous improvement and high expectations of direct reports
- Strong ability to use computers with experience using various types of software for purchasing and work orders (Maximo), scheduling, recordkeeping, and communication (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of the departments and assigned duties
Job Description (Continued)
- Flexible schedule, willing to accept on-call rotation and after-hours trouble calls, including nights and weekends
Relocation is available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
ADM requires a successful completion of a pre-employment drug-screen, medical questionnaire and background check.