Accountant, Valuation Accounting
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Accountant, Valuation Accounting- Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
The Valuation COE is responsible for performing MTM valuation accounting and analysis for inventory, contracts, foreign currency, and derivatives. This includes P&L responsibility for ADM’s businesses that are driven primarily by fair value impacts. The Valuation COE is also responsible for FAS157 & FAS161disclosures, impairment analysis (PP&E & intangibles), Asset Retirement Obligations (ARO), LIFO calculations, and investments in affiliates.
Accountants at ADM have a general understanding of accounting systems and processes and should be considered highly knowledgeable in assigned areas. They have strong ability to prepare and review accounting records, including financial documents and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department. You should demonstrate self-confidence in dealing with management at various levels and various administrative, commercial, and operations areas as applicable, as well as demonstrate ability to support projects through to completion. Accountants have no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Execute Valuation close and post-close work as assigned with feedback and training provided by Supervisor
- Perform analysis and ad-hoc requests and participates on projects as time allows
- Complete monthly accounting work per US GAAP guidelines and perform relevant analysis
- Complete annual review/revision of Key Financial Controls (SOX requirements) and process flows and work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls
- Work with relevant business partners to provide insight and analysis into financial results
- Prepare and analyze financial documents and/or supporting schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Internal Controls
- Financial Analysis and operations
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Crafting Queries and Reports using Financial Systems
Job Description (Continued)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Accounting knowledge, experience with controls and governance, high level reporting and analysis
- CPA, similar professional certification
- 3+ years Public Accounting experience preferred
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
- Ability to safely and successful perform the essential job functions consistent with qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Standard office safety regulations
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.