Carrier Sales Representative
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Carrier Sales Representative – Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
A Carrier Sales Representative is a vital connection in securing reliable and safe truck transportation in addition to communicating schedules with third party and internal customers. Carrier Sales Reps work closely with internal team members, but must be able to produce independent results. A Carrier Sales Rep will spend the majority of time in negotiations to secure capacity and manage freight in transit by obtaining updates from carriers and dispatchers to ensure proper movement and on time delivery. This position can be located in our Decatur, IL office or Erlanger, KY office.
- Buy and sell truck freight on the spot market
- Market available truck capacity to new and existing customer base
- Work with Sales Manager to identify customer leads based on freight posting systems
- Develop ADM Logistics presence on all available freight posting systems
- Work with ADM divisional and Transportation teams to identify potential customers
- Create and manage relationships with carriers and internal stakeholders to secure and expand capacity opportunities
- Maintain a proactive approach to learning including, pricing, seasonality, capacity fluctuations in the market, logistics solutions and processes
- Utilize the TMS and drive automation in the system
- Develop a regional network of asset based carriers to ensure coverage for assigned market, by researching new carriers and fostering relationships
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of customer freight while building and maintaining relationships with multiple carriers and dispatchers
- Qualify new carriers for proper authority, insurance, and safety requirements
- Negotiate and provide competitive rates to internal sales
- Bachelor’s degree (i.e. supply chain management, marketing, economics, finance, accounting) or equivalent combinations of education and experience preferred
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while delivering exceptional individual results
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal & external customers
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in Microsoft office
- Promotes and works within our Code of Conduct and Values
- Demonstrates an aggressive, positive attitude
- Ability to take calculated risks and navigate successfully through obstacles
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to persuade, influence, prioritize, multi-task and manage time under deadlines
Job Description (Continued)
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.