Blaster/Painter (Night Shift)
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Blaster/Painter – Decatur, IL
This is a full-time, night shift (8:30PM – 6:00AM, Sun – Thurs), hourly level position.
· Blasting and painting of railcars
· Experience in industrial abrasive blasting and painting is preferred
· Ability to perform the tasks involved in blasting and painting of railcars and be able to pass an entry level blasting and painting test
· Commitment to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
· Exhibit regular and prompt attendance
· Able to meet physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to: prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc.), lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
· Good communication skills are a must
· Ability to follow directions
· Demonstrate initiative to work independently while flexible enough to work in team setting when needed
· Exhibit a professional image at all times; maintaining a positive and respectful attitude
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.