For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
2nd Shift Car Repairman/Maintenance Mechanic – Decatur, IL
Decatur Railcar Repair
This is a full-time, night shift (8:30PM – 6:00AM, Sun – Thurs) hourly position.
· Ability to perform repairs and maintenance on railcars entering the shop and surrounding ADM facilities
· Proficiency in Mig Welding, Torch Cutting, Carbon Arc Gouging, Plasma Torch.
· Commitment to ADM’s goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
· Ability to work well within a team environment and maintain a positive, professional, and respectful attitude
· Able to meet physical requirements of the position including, but not limited to: prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc.), lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted
· Must have good attendance record and the ability to follow directions
· Good communication skills required
· Must be willing to work night shift
Relocation assistance not available with this position
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.