Position Title: Student Financial Services Representative
Department: Student Financial Services
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Office of Student Financial Services serves as the University’s one-stop-shop for all financial services for students, families, and employees. The SFS representative will provide primary, first-line consultation to students and families, as well as employees, in regard to University account/billing and financial aid issues.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Answers a high volume of incoming calls and e-mail inquiries from current and prospective students, parents, and on-campus personnel in regard to general University account and/or financial aid information. Responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service and timely response for inquiries and a high level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for providing cashiering functions for the University. This includes check cashing, payment posting and issuance of receipt, and recording of deposits, as well as, managing and balancing a cash drawer daily.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned student accounts for timely payment and delinquency and recording of due diligence and notifications to student/family in regard to the account.
- Assist with student financial aid processing and data entry, which could include loan application processing, tracking of financial aid verification documents, recording of scholarship payments, or other duties as needed for the timely processing of student financial aid.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recordkeeping and filing of any pertinent data and/or documents related to a student, employee or University account or student financial aid records.
- Responsible for knowledge of basic cashiering and account balancing rules and regulations, as well as, basic financial aid regulations from state, federal, and university sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director or Director of the Office of Student Financial Services
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Software Applications utilized in position: