- Naturally friendly
- Smiles easy
- Active in the community, school, church
- Genuinely enjoys taking care of the customer
- Food knowledge, enjoys food
- Passion for what for they sell
- High energy level
As a result of doing this job description you will help to create the positive and friendly atmosphere at NFI. Your work here will develop your product knowledge so that you have a high level of expertise as a course of your work activities. The expertise you exhibit will create a value for our customers and our Associates as they shop and work at NFI and lead to a genuine customer care experience.
- Understands all aspects of the cashier position
- Accurate while being fast and friendly
- Performs proper bagging procedures for our customers
- Recognizes Produce
- Concerned about the quality and cleanliness at the front end
- Projects a professional image to the customer
- Enjoys working with customers
- Gives service that creates customer loyalty
- Initiates customer contact by smiling and saying “Hello” and making eye contact.
- Happy serving the customer – waiting on the customer – helping the customer - always smiling
- Shows no animosity towards customer complaints
- Projects positive company image to the customer
- Sincere with customers – aware of customer needs
- Understands importance of customers
- Pays attention to customers and avoids chit chat with other associates
- Shows enthusiasm towards team mates
- Shows consideration and cooperation with associates
- Listens to others
- Teaches other Associates and share information
- Gives extra effort when needed – works any shifts when needed – sets an example for others – shows leadership when necessary
- Avoids loitering or hanging out at Podium and Service Desk
- Takes direction without taking offense
- Avoids gossip and negativity
- Knows details of specific day to day work habits/task
- Pays attention to detail
- Attentive to Bottom of the Basket
- Notices customers’ needs
- Takes pride in work done
- Keeps clean work area, as well as personal appearance
- Keeps busy when customers are not present
- Utilizes all resources available
- Efficient/works in an organized manner
- Level headed and even tempered
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Consistency in job performances
- Does not allow personal life to affect job performance
- Open to new ideas and programs
- Accepts change
- Proactive/helps initiate change
- Goal oriented
- Accepts constructive criticism
- Supports and cooperates with those is supervisory position
This job has no required equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Safety Training, Hazardous Communication Training
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to treat each customer with respect and in a friendly manner. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit number and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands of this job are based on a 6-hour shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment demand characteristics of this job are based on a 6-hour shift.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Brand: County Market Express
Address: 1175 W. Grand Avenue Decatur, IL - 62522
Property Description: 294 County Market Express
Property Number: 294