Prairie State Bank & Trust, a locally owned $700 million bank with 20 offices in central Illinois, has an immediate opening for a Retail Branch Manager. Prairie State Bank & Trust is a high performing and stable institution and is rated “5 Star” by Bauer Financial.
Retail Branch Supervisors will be responsible for providing professional, consistent, and efficient service to all Prairie State Bank & Trust customers. Individuals will receive a highly competitive benefit plan consisting of a base salary, bonus plan, 401(k) with employer matching, employer paid health/life insurance, vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- Actively promote, sell and refer PSB&T products and services to potential customers.
- Utilize networking and paid training to drive sales.
- Make cold calls and participate in organized sales events.
- Achieve challenging individual and team sales goals.
- Answer inquiries taught in paid training classes, regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank regulations and policies.
- Accurately balance daily transactions in a manner that ensures PSB&T’s high standards and high level of customer service are maintained.
- Resilient attitude towards achieving challenging sales goals
- Ability to confidently approach prospective PSB&T customers
- Management responsibilities - Ability to manage multiple objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Effective communication - Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs to your team.
- Must have the ability to create a strong branch culture while developing each person on your team.
- Must have strong leadership skills as this position requires daily coaching of 5 – 6 retail employees.
- Must be able to handle personnel matters quickly and effectively.
- Sales and Service - Develops sales and service ideas to your which identifies ways to deepen customer relationships. Consistently coach your team to build and develop strong relationships with our prospects and customers.
- Retail Responsibilities - Knowledge of the branch responsibilities, issues, regulations, and operations of retail banking branches; ability to provide qualified services to customers.
- Available to work some weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform necessary calculations and transactions
Preferred Qualifications: 3-5 years banking experience preferred but not required. 3-5 years of management experience preferred.
All candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment credit background check.
PSBT is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time