Position Title: University Photographer/Videographer
Department: Marketing and Media Relations
FLSA Category: Exempt
The Photographer/Videographer is a full-time position responsible for creatively capturing the Millikin University experience. The position primarily focuses on academic, athletic, campus, cultural, and student activities to promote the university to prospective students, parents, alumni, and friends through available marketing platforms. The Photographer/Videographer will work closely with the Art Director and Marketing Team to enhance and improve the Millikin brand by offering consistent and high-quality photo and video in support of the university’s initiatives and goals.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University.
At Millikin University, we value:
- Execute a variety of photography and videography assignments, including on-location, studio, portrait and event shoots.
- Demonstrate videography and photography success in a variety of platforms.
- Approach each assignment with a visual story in mind, remaining consistent with the Millikin brand.
- Upload photos and video footage, and organize and maintain a comprehensive photo/video library.
- Edit photos and video demonstrating excellent skills and knowledge of lighting, composition, using Adobe Creative Suite and FCPX or Premier Pro C editing software.
- Scout locations, assess possible video/photography obstacles, and provide solutions or alternatives.
- Be responsible for photography/video decisions, performance, and outcomes.
- Maintain quality control and a consistent look and feel throughout production of photo and video assignments.
- Be self-directed, self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, nights and weekends, as required to cover assignments.
- Have a positive attitude and show self-awareness and openness to feedback.
- Be goal-oriented and self-motivated, demonstrating accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment, have the ability to solve problems creatively, and work as a collaborative member of the Marketing and Media Relations Team.
- A bachelor’s degree in photography, film studies, mass communication or related field.
- A minimum of at least two years of professional videography and photography experience.
- A quality photography/videography portfolio highlighting a variety of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
Software Applications/Access required for position: