- Job Description
Mueller, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening in our Decatur, Illinois manufacturing plant for an Inventory Supervisor (3rd Shift). Approximate work hours would be 10:30p – 7:30a.
The Decatur Operations, located in Decatur, IL and established in 1857, manufacturers rugged and dependable devices used in industrial/commercial applications. Its products include brass water and steel gas valves, Water/Gas Line tapping machines, Line Stopper Fittings, tools and controllers. The Decatur Operations has approximately 530 employees spanning two locations. The Decatur facility is part of Mueller Water Products (NYSE: MWA).
The Inventory Supervisor provides supervision and guidance to ensure site and employee performance are in compliance with company standards. The role will enhance product workflow by implementing logistics plans that impact production, distribution, and inventory, develop underperforming areas in logistics, and roll out improvements that resolve problems. The incumbent is responsible for relationship management with internal/external customers and partners, serves as a liaison to other departments including production, planning, customer service, finance and purchasing to resolve issues and implement process improvements. The position creates and reviews procedures for logistics to maximize production satisfaction and minimize cost. The Inventory Supervisor will also actively participate in the ongoing implementation of Lean Manufacturing and material flow.
Primary Accountabilities: Primary accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Service provider management, SOP writing/updating, project management, all customer service communications with regards to logistics. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Responsible for managing processes and procedures in the material handling department. Ensures that goods are verified against records. Oversees the inspection of goods received within the supermarket. Supervises the maintenance of records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights, and records time, date, quantity, source, and destination of materials located or pulled.
- Implements material flow, and procedures to maximize compliance with production needs.
- Manages the performance of staff and maintains score cards with service providers.
- Ensure all tools are regularly updated with most recent documents and information.
- Provides metrics and executes analysis used for decision making by upper management.
- Works with local and regional management to ensure site alignment.
- Evaluates schedules and pulls product according to allocations to support customer orders and internal requests.
- Ensures cost effective, efficient and traceable movement of company products.
- Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Production Planning, Customer Service, Sales and Finance to optimize systems and procedures and resolve customer delivery related problems.
- Acquires and maintains a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in company products.
- 3+ years warehousing, inventory management, or similar experience, including overseeing large inventories and audit procedures.
- Strong communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively and support manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of and ability to promote and direct 5S/Lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability.
Only those applicants meeting the “Required Qualifications” listed above will be considered for this position. Mueller encourages those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Individuals interested in this position should apply for this position through the website in which you are viewing this opportunity or apply directly at the Mueller Water Products’ career portal. (https://mwpcareers.silkroad.com/) All resumes will be collected through the Mueller Water Products’ Silk Road (Open Hire) online recruiting platform and held in confidence. Resumes mailed, faxed, or emailed will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact Mueller regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Location
- Decatur, Illinois, United States
Inventory Supervisor (3rd Shift)Mueller Co.Job DescriptionEmployee Referral Eligible?Tier 2-Exempt ProfessionalsOther Postings