We are a group of young professionals from different backgrounds and industries in the Greater Decatur area. We provide unique opportunities to network with our peers, volunteer in our community, and develop ourselves professionally. By building connections with our peers, local businesses and institutions, we are securing our community's future, and ensuring that it remains vibrant and inclusive.
is to create inspired, influential, connected leaders in Decatur and Macon County.
is to lead the way toward an energetic and dynamic future for Greater Decatur.
It is vital to our community to not only attract, but retain young professionals. By making connections, by making a difference, and by making strides as developing professionals, members will create well-rounded and fulfilling lives. Members will become ambassadors for Decatur and Macon County.
- Decatur Emerging Leaders (DEL) is a program of the Greater Decatur Chamber of Commerce.
- Members are typically between the ages of 21-45 years of age.
- For questions, please contact Mark Sturgell at the Chamber office, (217) 422-2200
Watch for upcoming event announcements under Chamber Events.
- Sip and Socialize - a chance to eat, drink, and mingle with other Decatur YP's in a casual atmosphere.
- Table for Ten - Have lunch with 10 other young professionals at local restaurants.
- Rise Up - a chance to develop professionally and help you advance in your career.
- My Story - Hear from community leaders. Learn how they developed in business and how you can do the same.
- DEL Cares - a great opportunity to volunteer and make a difference in our community.